Saturday, January 2, 2021


 


New Normal

One day I went for a six mile walk with my son. A few months later he lost his ability to balance. A while after that he was in the hospital for the 14th time due to brittle type 1 diabetes. 

One day I had coffee with my good friend and we visited at the coffee shop for four hours. A year later and we have been isolated for many months, not able to hug or see each others smiling faces or join hands in prayer.

One day I went to the credit union where my daughter works and made a deposit and exchanged small talk and the next day I went to make a payment on my loan and she had to stay 6 feet from me. Automatically I was about to give her a small hug goodbye and she backed up saying she had to protect her members. Of course, I didn't think.

One day I had a couple of cheap masks to use when I sprayed Simple Green to clean the bathroom. Now I have masks in the car and in the kitchen and by the back door and the front door. When Home Health comes to take care of my son, I have to mask up. When I run to the property managers office to drop off my rent, I have to mask up and stay 6 feet from the door.

This is the new normal and I don't expect it to change any time soon. I attend my Sunday church services on You Tube or Facebook. I disinfect everything in the house regularly (door knobs, toilet flushers, banisters, faucet handles, counters, I wash my hands so much they are dry and cracked. I facetime my grandkids and they cry that they want to come and visit or spend the night.

I have a collection of masks. Washable masks, disposable masks, kids masks, homemade masks. I don't buy designer masks. I googled masks, (masks with sequins, masks with lace, masks with fringe, masks with pug faces on them). If you can think of it, it has already been designed. Cottage industries are popping up everywhere selling masks. This is the new normal.

Now I'm told there is a new strain for covid spreading that is more easily transmitted. Will there be another and another and another. The news tells me "We are all in this together". NOT!! I'm in this alone taking care of my son. I can't get my hair cut, I can't go for coffee with a friend, I've even been denied visitation rights when my son was in Intensive Care. He's in the hospital now assessing whether or not to amputate his foot. I'm on my way to see him and at this time I believe I will be allowed into his room.

I pray for health, safety, peace and prosperity for this new year. I will trust in Him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv-SXz_exKE

2 comments:

  1. I am just checking in to let you know that you and your son are in my prayers and I was thinking of you today.

    I'm sorry that you are heavy under the mask mandate. I have never EVER worn one nor will I ever. I completely believe in natural immunity and refuse to succumb to mandates. I have never changed my hand washing habits and refuse to use hand sanitizers. I hate that folks are living in fear of this Chinese virus. I go to a unmasked prayer group and potluck every week and enjoy shopping unmasked in GA. I hope you can create a carefree unmasked day for yourself. I hold you in prayer that you may experience the joy of the Lord in the midst of this plandemic and government suppression of our rights. My friends only daughter committed suicide due to government mandated self isolation. I no longer have any faith in our government and will NOT bow to their mandates. God bless you and you do what feels right for you and your family. You are a lovely lady. Hugs to the pugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonita, I am so grateful and thankful for your prayers. I wish our area would allow us to think for ourselves. I totally agree with you. Thank you so much for your comment. I am encouraged. Sandra

      Delete