Monday, August 31, 2009

It's a happy day! I have set my goal for today.
As you can see, my dining room table leaves a lot
to be desired when it comes to family dining. This is the way most of the flat surfaces in my house look right now. It seems I can't avoid using every flat surface as a catch-all. Well, it ends today.
In the past I always started a job and then got sidetracked. You know how it goes; you start to make your bed and realize the sheets need changing, so you strip the bed instead. You head to the laundry room with your armload of sheets and collect up all the dirty towels on the way. When you get there you find some tools that need to go out to the garage. Throwing the armload of laundry down and picking up the tools you head for the garage. You can't get to the toolbox due to the clutter in front of it, so you set the tools down and start to clean the clutter away. In amongst the clutter you find some silverware missing from the kitchen. You grab it and head for the kitchen before you forget it again. Thinking you'll put it in the sink and head back down to the garage you're dismayed to find the sink full of dirty dishes, so you decide you should load the dishwasher only to discover it's full of clean dishes, so you start to unload it. On the bottom rack you find a couple of ceramic flowerpots you washed and you take them out to the deck. You remember you washed them so you could transplant two newly bought plantlets. You get out the potting soil and start to dig. The phone rings and you run to answer it. "I really can't talk right now, I'm in the middle of......something, but as long as I have you on the phone.......". Standing there with phone in hand, staring off into space you see the coffee maker is still turned on, but the pot is empty, so while you talk on the phone you start another pot of coffee. By the time you hang up you're at your desk with a fresh cup of coffee, so you might as well check your email and bring your blog up to date. Let me see; what was my goal for the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment