Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bits and pieces of my life might be coming together.


Today was just for me.  I have always wanted to learn how to quilt, but life happens and quilting was always put on the back burner until a more opportune time.  My sister and mom decided I'd put it off long enough and gave me gift certificates to a local quilt shop/class for my birthday.  I got a little light weight sewing machine to carry back and forth to class and signed up for my very first class.  Today was the day. 

I had such a good time.  This class was designed for students to bring in unfinished projects and work on them.  I had no shortable of unfinished projects.  LOL  There were plenty of seasoned quilters there to give me advice and learn how to do things the right way. 

Not only did I get work done on a quilt I'd started 10 years ago, but I got some great beginners supplies and got to see so many inspiring quilt projects.  I can hardly wait for next class.  I might just have to get a job now to support my new hobby.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment