Monday, December 28, 2009

GETTING READY FOR 2010


I hope everyone had a joyous Christmas and my prayers went out to all those that could not be with their families and loved ones this Christmas.

Christmas Eve was special for me this year.  My daughter invited me for Christmas dinner and to watch Christmas movies.  It was just her and me and she made a wonderful pasta dish with a yummy red wine and gave me a gift at my place at the table.  After dinner we talked and laughed and her friend dropped by and we talked and laughed some more.  We never did watch Christmas movies.  We had such a good time we decided we might make this event an annual one each Christmas Eve.  Thank you Shemry, you made a wonderful memory.

Shemry said I should start a new tradition. She told me I should take my tree down New Year's Eve instead of the day after Christmas and then New Year's Day I could get up to a brand new fresh start. I thought that was a good idea and I tried, I really did.  I lost the battle two days after Christmas. 



It felt so good to get the tree down and all the wonderful fantasy ornaments wrapped and put away in the Christmas trunk.  I collected all the other decorations around the house (night lights, elf figurines, stockings, stocking holders, door knob and toilet seat covers [just kidding, I don't have any of those LOL], candle holders etc) and wrapped them carefully in tissue paper and bubble wrap to keep until next year.  I also weeded out some that I no longer cared for and gave some special treasured ones to my son's family.  I vacuumed and dusted and washed the window and moved the furniture back around the room.  Wow, I love this feeling.  I won't be sorry New Year's day or even New Year's Eve.  It's all done now and I can relax and watch the Waterford Crystal ball drop at Times Square and listen to the neighbor kids beat on pots and pans at midnight.
 
To all who read this I am praying that you have a blessed New Year with all your heart's desires realized.  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment