Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I shall overcome!!

After my sweet husband went home to be with the Lord the hardest thing I had to face was making decisons alone, no one to talk them over with.  The second hardest thing I had to face was.........YARD WORK! 
After a busy day of grocery shopping, dealing with the cable guy (not Larry), I went out back to water plants and clean off the deck. I decided I needed to mow my small lawn and weed eat the weeds.  I got out the mower and pushed all the right buttons that my son showed me to push and pulled on that darned rope until I nearly wet my pants and still couldn't start the mower.  Finally, one last pull and it took off.  I pushed and shoved and panted and groaned and then remembered how he told me to set the automatic thingy, so it would go by itself.  What a difference.  I set that thingy and pushed the bar and that darned mower took right off with me sailing along behind until I thought to let go.  With that finally done it was time to tackle the weeds along the edges.  I hooked up the weed eater and pulled out just the right amount of cord and set to work.  I'm not the best weed eater operator.  I used way more cord that was probably necessary and it still looked unkept.  I worked at it until I was ready to go get my sewing scissors and trim them by hand. 
I watered the plants and finally it was time to clean off the deck.  This should be easy I thought.  I hooked up the blower (I'm not a very good blower operator either :-( and blew off the deck fifteen times because it kept blowing one way and then back again.  Lastly I hooked up the power washer to clean off the rubber mat we keep at the door in the kitchen. Well, I guess by now I don't have to tell you I'm not a very good power washer operator either. I would have done about as well if I'd just used the hose. Things look better though and I feel content that I accomplished something.
As we sat down to dinner I told my son that his power washer was a piece of poop because it just trickled out.  He informed me I needed to turn on the power and it would make a lot of noise.  Oh.......You mean I used it all that time and never even turned it on?  Sigh. 
Dinners over, dishes done, deck is clean and it's time for tea and relaxation.  Well, for the pugs anyway.  They beat me to my chair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment