Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Look on the bright side :-)

I was really feeling sorry for myself today.  I broke my glasses for the third time and am almost blind without them.  It was my own fault.  I took them off and the temples dangled and swung from the wire repairs I'd done to them the last time they broke.  I looked at them and got really mad.  I reasoned that I was stuck in economic mud and would just have to live with them.  In a fit of rage I threw them at the TV screen.  Well, that was a pretty childish thing to do and I was rewarded with newly broken temples. 

I took myself off to the Dollar Store and bought another pair of magnifier glasses.  I took the temples off and wired them to my glasses.  As long as I don't take them off no one can tell the difference.  LOL 

At that point I saw a story on the news about a family living in tents in a homeless camp site.  They say they are blessed to have other homeless neighbors that they share supplies with.  A kind lady brings them a supply of fresh water everyday and they continue to look for work.  Their children were smiling beautiful smiles and the important focus in their lives was on family unity.  I was reminded of the prayer my mother always prayed and that was for health, happiness and family unity.

I realized how blessed I am.  I have a TV to throw my glasses at.  I have electricity to turn it on and watch the news.  I have a car to take myself to the Dollar Store for more glasses.  Father God forgive me for my selfish nature and help me to be thankful for the blessings in my life.  Reach out your hand and touch those people I saw on the news that call themselves blessed.  Bless them indeed.  Thank you Jesus.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment