Friday, September 18, 2009

Rock hounding today in Hillsboro


I made a trip to the Hillsboro, Oregon Fairgrounds today to the rock and gem show.  They will be there for two more days, check it out!!  That's my baby sister and her fiance behind the amazing assortment of beautiful gemstones and other items.  My sister came up with a wonderful idea for me to help support Pacific Pug Rescue.  I'll be working on that and share it in the future.  In the meantime if you are a rock hound or know someone who is tell them to head for the Hillsboro Fairgrounds.  I got to see how stones are faceted.  There was a silent auction going on and a wonderful display of fossils, thunder eggs, and so many other amazing things our mother earth has to surprise us.  Check out the huge supply of pietersite stones Danna and Jerry (my sister and her fiance) have to sell.  Each piece of pietersite seems to have it's own scene and story to tell.  Tell them Sister Sandy sent you.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment